Chorley Photographic Society, Chorley, Lancs, UK.
Registered Charity 701819
- The Society shall be known as the Chorley Photographic Society. The Society shall be affiliated to the Lancashire and Cheshire Photographic Union.
- The object of the Society is to advance the education of the public in the theory and practice of photography as an art.
- Membership shall be open to the public generally; membership to include Full Membership, Life Membership and Honorary Membership. The Committee shall have the right for good and sufficient reason to reject an application for membership.
- The Society shall be administered by a Committee, consisting of President (who shall serve for two years), Vice President, Past President (who may take another elected post, but who will serve for one year ex officio), General Secretary, Treasurer, Internal Competition Secretary, External Competition Secretary, New Members Secretary, Syllabus Secretary, Equipment Officer, Publicity Officer, Entertainments Officer, and two Ordinary Members plus such co opted members as the Committee may see fit to appoint. All members – apart from the President and any co opted members – shall serve for one year and may then seek re-election at the AGM. There shall be no limit on the number of times a member may seek re election. The Club’s Delegates to the L&CPU should be co-opted onto the Committee, if not already holding another elected post.
- At Committee Meetings a Quorum shall consist of more than half the committee members. Such members to include any co-opted members.
- The Committee shall have the power to co-opt ordinary members.
- A Special General Meeting may be convened by the President or President Elect, or at the request of an ‘ordinary member’ on a requisition signed by at least 20 per cent of the membership.
- The date of the Annual General Meeting shall be during the months of April to June in each year.
- Notification of proposed amendments and additions to the Society Constitution must be in writing and sent to the General Secretary a minimum of 21 days before an Annual General Meeting.
No amendment would be made which would result in the Society ceasing to be established for exclusively charitable purposes according to the Law of England and Wales. Furthermore, no amendment shall be made to Clause 2, this clause or Clause 15 without the prior approval of the Charities Commission.
- Full Membership.
- Member and Spouse.
- Junior Membership up to age of 18 years.
- Senior Citizen.
- Life Membership.
- Honorary Membership.
Persons joining after 31 December shall pay a membership fee reduced pro rata at the discretion of the Treasurer.
No person under the age of 18 should hold Office on the Committee.
Registered Charity: 701819